View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 02:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagr View Post
EsthersDoll - I definitely understand your anger. I too am still upset that a woman decided to hit me so hard that I went flying into the glass while playing no-check women's hockey. I was in tip top health up until that point.

I woke up this morning to find my head, neck, and left foot vibrating like crazy. It stopped as soon as I moved my body. Just don't get it. Hopefully it turns out to be something that can be easily explained.
Well, before my accident, I may have expressed my anxiety by burning it off with activity... I'd still do that now if I could! But the injury has gotten me very fatigued and just being mildly active can degrade my speech and cognitive functioning... so i try to pace myself and rest.

*Maybe* your body just has energy to burn that's caused by the anxiety? The anxiety might be giving you some adrenaline... like a fight or flight kind of response. I'm sure hoping it's just as simple and uncomplicated as that.

I was in tip top shape when I was hit too! I tend to be grateful that I was too... I think I'd be worse off now if I was in worse shape then. And I try to remember that my body will be able to get into shape faster because it has muscle memory of being in such good shape. But I know how sad and frustrating it can be to think of what you could do before the accident.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote