View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, Sally could be right about mourning for the lost car. I do a LOT of mourning since Irv died, and other things didn't go well, and I know how that tears you down physically, even if you try to rest, pray, be positive, everything. You still get torn way down.

Steroids were not given for Optic Neuritis by the neuro-opthalmologiest I had when i had ON. He said studies show people recover as quickly without as with steroids. I do not know if he was right, but I would have reacted violently to large steroid doses, so it's just as well, and I suspect you, Dejibo, would also react very badly.

Dr. Swank, in addition to his diet, prescribed lots of rest in a quiet atmosphere....no loud radio, no blaring TV, just quiet. You seem to have a helpful husband, so you wouldn't be "alone" lying there in the dark (yes, Swank even thought you should make your room dim at times of stress). We get overloaded neurologically very easily. It's so hard to "come down", I know. But be grateful that your husband is there to help, maybe bring you food? And eat it with you in your quiet dim room? Sounds kind of nice to me.

Take a few minutes, though, to go outside, if you have clear skies, and see the Perigee Moon, which was full last night but will be beautiful tonight as well.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-07-2012), dmplaura (05-06-2012), Kitty (05-06-2012), SallyC (05-06-2012)