View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for all your replies ----

Melon : I try to meditate. I have several guided meditations and calming meditation music, but everytime I listen, I coould not concentrate -my mind will fly elsewhere.

Zygopetalum : I am on Synthroid since 2007 after I had the total thyroidectomy. I had nodules which were found benign (thank God!). I discovered my TSH was high last November 2011 (a month after I had the PN symptoms). But, since December 2011 until April 2012, my TSH was low. My last test which was last week, my TSH was already normal. My doctor does not think that my PN is caused by my t hyroid problem. (Actually, I dont know what to believe now....) Yes, I had a thread about my anxiousness. I know that anxiety can cause shortness of breath, but you know when your body is in distress, you thread the path of fear - which I know is not good. I am trying to rule out the cause of my shortness of breath by process of elimination. I am not trying to diagnose myself, but I need to have some peace of mind between now and my appointment with the pulmo.

Its a relief to know that a reduced FEV1 will not affect breathing that much.

Doc : I hope this is not heart related. I had my EKG, treadmill stress test in 2011, my heart is normal, except for a Mitral Valve Prolapse, which the cardiologist assured me that its nothing to worry about.

I read that the nerve affecting the motor can cause the shortness of breath. however, my neurologist said that the strength of my muscle is okay. With this finding, is it possible that my shortness of breath can be a resuslt of a motor neuropathy?

Thank you all!
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote