View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 10:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Tongue Sleep issues

I have problems staying asleep when my pain level is high melatonin is cheap online and perfecty safe. For me, trazadone is what I need to stay sleep. Maybe your doc can give you a lesser dose of trazadone. It sounds like you're sensitive to meds so I'd give melatonin a try. I bought mine on puritan*edit*they have buy one get two free I think.
Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadet View Post
I've been having a horrible time falling asleep and staying asleep. I'm up at least 2-5 times throughout the night and its starting to take its toll on me. I usually wake up and start the whole going to sleep process over again; having a snack, reading and then falling back asleep. But, I'm back up again within an hour or two.

My psychiatrist prescribed me Trazodone, which I probably won't ever take again. It knocked me out, but I couldn't get my brain to wake up all day today. It brought back old symptoms from earlier in my recovery, and some new ones. I was having symptoms of delirium today and every time I stood up, I felt like I was going to black out.

I take Gabapentin before bed - that helps me fall asleep, but its not keeping me asleep throughout the night.

Has anyone tried Melatonin?

What other options do I have? I'd prefer not taking another sleep aid like Trazodone.

Thanks everyone,

Nick

Last edited by Jomar; 05-06-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: no linking for new members
Shewarrior is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (05-06-2012)