View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 11:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Rachel- Sounds like you've been through the ringer lately with surgeries. Your pain brings a couple of ideas to mind. First, have they ruled out recurring infection? Also, sometimes when an entire shunt is replaced, you can have a lot of residual pain because, even though it might not look like it on the outside, it is major surgery. I've learned that the marks on the outside of my body aren't a clear indication of everything that went on inside during the surgery. The third thing is that sometimes the distal end can get wrapped up along the diaphragm, causing abdominal pain. Are you also having pain in your collarbone/shoulder area? That's called referred pain and it's a sure sign that something is going on in the abdomen. I would see your NS to have them rule out any of the major things (infection, wrapped distal end). Good job ruling out stuff on the Ob/gyn tract, smart thinking! Good luck, and please keep us posted-this is a great example of how we benefit from each other's experiences.
annakkro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote