Old 05-07-2012, 05:07 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
... I did have some pain relief using Lyrica for my Small Fiber Neuropathy.

Cymbalta, though, has always been the magic bullet for me when I get flairs, with about 75% overall pain relief after being on it 60 mg for several weeks.

What is really interesting, though, is that the pain tends to stay away for some period of time AFTER I discontinue each course of Cymbalta.

For example, I had a big flair in SFN in my palms and even the soles of my feet this past winter. I was then on Cymbalta full strength for five weeks, and completely discontinued it on March 5th.

I was then relatively pain-free until my current fair which began April 18th.

For what it is worth ....

David
Drugs like Cymbalta work by altering the actions of neurotransmitters at the synapses in the brain. I think it takes a short while to become effective, and will also take a while to
revert to previous actions. We still do not understand all the actions in the brain well, and these drugs really precede total understanding.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote