View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Bizi, you will be ok. some thoughts...

Dear Bizi

I'm sorry about all these things happening. It sounds like a bit of a whirlwind. You don't sound hypo to me but what do I know.
  • Sounds like there's an issue with your therapist - happens in therapy.
  • Sounds like you got drug-spooked on google - happens on the internet.
  • Peri-menopause is a confusing time. Your hormones are almost certainly affecting your feelings, so that you do not feel well centered.
That's my take.

---------------

Remember that side effects and after effects of any drug only affect a portion of patients. They have to list everything imaginable or ever reported but most side effects affect only a small % of patients, sometimes a downright miniscule %. Tardive dyskinesia has been known to affect patients who come off the old antipsychotics after much longer-term use than you have been on Geodon.

Another thing. If you google acetaminophen for side effects, you will find out a lot of scary stuff. They have to put all possible side effects on the labeling. It doesn't mean we should all stop taking Tylenol or that if we do we will wind up comatose or die a premature death from liver failure. How many people do you know who take Tylenol? And are they alive and well? You see? So please, stay away from googling drugs for now.

Please call your pdoc if you want to change med. You will need a replacement. It is not a good idea to just get off a prophylactic antimanic. I know you don't want to become manic, Bizi. Really, that is the biggest concern.

Actually, I think you should call your pdoc regardless unless you have an appointment this same week. Voice your fears about the Geodon. I think she will be able to reassure you.

----------------------------------

It is ok to take a break from your therapist until you sort out your feelings. I'd encourage you to find someone you can see meanwhile, to help you through this difficult time - possibly someone you can see often. When you are ready, I would go to see your old therapist and confront her. I am glad you are owning the feelings, and the apparent suspicion of her judgement. Whether you continue to see her after that or not is up to you, but working out what happened will help you to grow. The same kinds of dynamics will happen with other people in your life, with whom you will not have the opportunity to dialog in the way you do with a therapist.

I do understand that right now might not be the best time - that's ok. However, if later on you go back to her and no longer feel that she was judging you, I would talk with her about what happened. I believe you will gain insight from doing this.

I hope you feel much better soon Bizi. Remember we are all here to support you. I am your friend and don't worry, I will remain your friend even if you don't take any of my longwinded "advice" LOL.

love,

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-07-2012), Mari (05-07-2012), mymorgy (05-07-2012)