View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 01:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for all your quick replies to my questions, MrsD! I'm really grateful

I have another question about some of my symptoms. I have been having a lot of mental confusion and some scary memory issues (can't remember details of things I did earlier in the day, for example). I also sometimes get these jamais vu feelings (being somewhere I know I've been feels "new" to me). Could this be related to low B12? I honestly don't know how long I have been low but I suspect it has been over the last few years, as that's where some other symptoms have come up (depression episodes, feelings of apathy, and then in the last year hunger loss and more confusion). I know you're not doctors so you can't say for sure. I see a neurologist tomorrow and I want to express these concerns. I'm just afraid I have subacute degeneration of the spinal cord or something, and that any damage from low b12 can't be undone. Can it?

I've also stopped nearly 10 years use of antidepressants a little over 2 months ago (I'm on a support forum for antidepressant withdrawal). They said the cognitive loss can be from that as well. It's sad, but over the last few years I've attributed everything going on with me symptom wise to those damn antidepressants and their withdrawal, but it could have been from this vitamin and I never knew it! I'm also low in D which I'm working on repleting as well. All these problems...
julleri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote