Thread: scs problems
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 04:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Welcome Pat

Hi Pat,

You're very welcome to this corner of the web. We're all good support and you should stick around.
I too have some problems with scar tissue on the S1 nerve root that needs to be removed to free the nerve. I had a Medtronic SCS for less than a year, they removed it so I could have an MRI scan and other tests as the SCS stopped working properly. They plan to put another SCS in after I get this problem sorted. My problem is trying to find a surgeon that will agree to the surgery even if it is that logical I've been unable to find surgeon, one guy even admitted it was because I was second hand work. When I had my first disectomhy 16 years ago he was still in Uni! Doesn't make sense does it huh!

I know when I got the scs in I had some strange sensations underneath my ribs, basically the leads were up too high but once they adjusted the leads it did work better? I imagine what Rae suggested should work and it should be that simple. My SCS was on 24/7 and I really needed it that length of time.

I do remember when I had my first surgery a woman in the ward who had a discectomy too, she was having awful headaches and they discovered the surgeon had knicked something to cause the headaches and once they repaired the cut she was fine again.
Please God you will find a solution but if they do suggest removing the SCS, those headaches sound terrible, there will be another solution it won't be the end of the road for you but of course I hope and pray they find an easy solution for you.

All the best and warm wishes

Sinéad *
Sophie_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ananimity (05-07-2012), eva5667faliure (05-07-2012), Mark56 (05-07-2012), Rrae (05-07-2012)