View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 05:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My accident was in early Feb. I was in bed for the first month, unable to walk by myself. Now I am walking more, yet struggle to walk to the end of our driveway (about a city block). It is frustrating because before the accident I was running at least 3 miles a day and working out for an additional hour each day...Muscle atrophy and Weight gain!!

Anyway, what the docs told me I will repeat, focus on getting your brain better. Weight does not matter right now.

Oh, and yes, I notice the low blood sugar thing now too!

wife and mother of 5 (18, 13, 11, 7, 5)
was: design professor, farmer, and had been studying masters in herbalism and doctorate of naturopathy before accident. now: practicing patience.

What happened: Feb 5 2012 passenger in a single MVA which flipped over end and then rolled 3-4 times. Dx with moderate concussion and released. Dx with PCS a few weeks later

Dealing with: temple to temple headaches, nausea, tinnitus, extreme noise sensitivity, light sensitivity, vertigo, short term memory issues, concentration, become overwhelmed easily, word-finding, stuttering, confusion, sleep issues (falling/staying asleep), fatigue +++

Prescribed: Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Physical Therapy, and rest!!!
emme727 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
camyam73 (05-08-2012), Dolfinwolf (05-07-2012)