View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Does barometric pressure affect your pain?

Was not doing too bad this morning, packing for vacation tomorrow, and them wham, pain the in the back of my neck like the dickens (almost broke down and took a dilaudid it hurt that bad) but decided to go lay down instead as dilaudid gives me insomnia and want to be able to get at least a few hours sleep tonight before our early flight.

Now that the storm has rolled through, I went to take the dilaudid 'cuz was still in pain and figured I'd be up all night with the pain or up all night 'cuz of the dilaudid but at least not in so much pain. But I hesitated and didn't take it cause I felt the pain was less.

So now, the neck pain is lessening up. The pulsing, whooshing sound I had in my ears is less, too. So, got me wondering if the weather plays a part in my pain complaints. I know I've always heard the tale of someone's grandpa being able to tell when weather was moving in due to his bum knee hurting, or some such story, but I'm honestly interested in this subject.

When I looked at my local weather, it showed high pressure this morning when my neck wasn't hurting...then when my neck really began to be painful the weather report showed a massive drop in barometric pressure. I'm beginning to wonder if the true culprit of my neck pain isn't that the SCS's aren't working right, but that maybe it's weather related.

Any ideas/thoughts?

I'll read your responses when I return from vacation. Thanks.
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-08-2012), Mark56 (05-07-2012), Sophie_ (05-08-2012)