Thread: newbie
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 11:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default newbie

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site and forum. I'm hoping to get to know other people with RSD/CRPS because I have found that this is a very misunderstood thing. My husband is very supportive but the rest of my family doesn't understand and at this point I pretty much don't talk about it too much with anyone besides my hubby because I feel like I am complaining or sounding historionic.

A brief overview of my situation: I tore two ligaments in my ankle and foot and had the Chrisman-Snook procedure, which is a complete reconstruction of the ankle.
Three months after surgery my pain had only changed and increased and I kept trying to talk to the surgeon about it and she acted as though I was drug seeking (even though at that point I wasn't taking anything but ibuprofin.) Needless to say, two years has passed. It took many tries to finally find a doctor who would take the time to figure out what the actual problem was. Some doctors wouldn't even approach the problem or said it was 'out of their league.'

I have had several SNB's and am getting ready to do a trial with a SCS.

The area affected the most is my right foot up to my knee.

Thanks for listening!
terralyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote