View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 05:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That's kind of the conclusion I arrived to also. I suppose my confusion is all these other people telling me to go for disability, and my own inner self telling me no, I don't want that.

I do know that a sit down job (provided with my pain meds) I can easily work 6-8 hours a day. I worked as a phone tech for DirecTV for about 6 months (left due to unrelated issues, it's another soul-sucking company after all :P ), and my shifts were 6 hours long. It has been over a year though since I've been employed, but that's also due to unrelated issues.

Sitting at the computer and typing like this is no problem at all. Since I do my artwork on the computer, that's not a problem either. Like I said, if I've got the medication to manage the pain, I can function just fine, I just need to take a few precautions is all, such as not standing on my feet for too long (about 2 hours I've noticed is the limit before I start to feel real pain), and avoiding factors such as injury to my legs which would upset the nerves, as it seems any severe stimulus such as an outside hit will set the nerves off sooner, requiring me to take another dosage of my medication.

If the condition does eventually degenerate further, which I hope to God it won't as it's bad enough as it is, I will remember the information I've been given and react accordingly.

~HD
HalcyonDays is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote