View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 10:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
What nerve pain meds do you all recommend?

I am having trouble telling the difference between nerve pain and muscle pain. I know when I have nerve pain in my arm and pinkie,but I am thinking the horrible burning pain that goes from my neck down to my scalpula might be nerve pain. It was so bad last night and nothing was helping. i ended up taking a sleeping pill and slept on ice. I cannot sleep painkillers like vicodin.

I am thinking of trying some nerve medicine to add to Flexeril(muscle relaxant) and Relafan(Anti-Inflammatory) to see if it helps before I decide whether to do the nerve block injections.

I have a prescription for Lyrica but I've heard it has alot of side effects. Has anyone tried Neurontin?

I am scheduled Friday to try a Trial of Neural Prlolotherapy to see if it can help. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks for the input
Have you been taught any longus coli strengthening for the neck pain? Chin tucks? It really helps with the neck pain and burning. Do you consciously keep your head on your shoulder like a block on a block and not with the head forward throughout the day? These simple tips do help if you are not already doing so..
stos2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote