View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 11:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
The boxer short pockets didn't work because I ended up closer to hyper-extension and woke up in even more pain. I took your advice and use a down pillow tucked with my arm at a 120-135 degree angle and the elbow pain is greatly reduced now. Icing between the clavical and axilla has also helped as I believe I still have a lot of post surgical inflammation. Icing the elbow doesn't really help me.
I am glad the 120-135 angle is working for you. It even helps me in the day, consciously keeping the elbow at that angle most of the time. It will take time, few weeks but it will get better. Good luck in your recovery!

Icing or heat on elbow won't help, because your elbow is probably hypersensitive.Try a warm shower that warms up the pect area, there is definitely a relation between the pect minor musle and elbow pain since the brachial plexus passes through the retropectoralis space and when that is tight, you could get elbow pain due to the compression of the ulnar nerve or the other reason could be because of the elbow being bent over a long period of time ie cubital tunnel syndrome.
stos2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote