View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 02:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation Scared of MS!! Please help!!

I am a 26 year old female with no history of any medical problems at all (except my back goes out once in a while and I go to the chiropractor to fix it).

About 2 weeks ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and could not feel my legs. They were numb, cold, and tingling. I can move them fine and walk fine and have no balance issues. I went to the chiropractor thinking it was a pinched nerve. He adjusted my back but told me I probably have MS. It really scared me so I went to the ER right away. They refused to do an MRI (needed more evidence) and sent me home after drawing blood.

I went to my primary physician and he said the bloodwork was fine and he had no idea what I had. He put me on Prednisone and Nifedeprine, neither of which helped at all. I just returned to him today and he took me off of both and said it was pointless and maybe I should learn to live with this.

I made an appointment with a neurologist but that isn't for 2 more weeks and I'm very scared. Everyone just tells me I probably have MS and need to live with it. The women at work say it's probably a brain tumor and I'll die. I think they're gloating about it. But moving on...

I have numbness in my legs, tingling in my feet, and a cold left foot. I get joint pain too, very mild right now, even in my hands. My heart has been beating irregularly a bit and my blood pressure at the doctor's about 4 hours ago was 90/60, which he said was not a big deal but I feel a bit lightheaded.

What should I do? Any ideas? The doc did say my Vitamin D level was 15, which is supposed to be low, but he wasn't concerned and said it couldn't cause my symptoms.
jennamartine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote