View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

No I am not idiopathic. I do have some compressive issues on my left ankle/foot from a radical operation on my instep 50 yrs ago to remove a blood tumor. This damaged nerves and sometimes the lymph channels don't drain with it and it can be tough. It is much better with the magnesium lotion however. Many of the damaged nerves have grown back and are not sending normal signals, so I have pain and throbbing now in that large scar.

I am not a diabetic yet. But on the way there, with pre-diabetes and insulin resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma123 View Post
So, your PN was not idiopathic - it was related to diabetes and hypthyroidism.

I don't have diabetes and my hypothyroidism is under control (for nearly 30 years) and my B12 levels are normal.

That is an impressive list of supplements. I don't think doctors know much about supplements. Or care. I think for each of us - regardless of the medical problem/symptoms - it's doing research and trial and error with the various supplements.

I am glad you don't have symptoms that often and have found what works (and what to avoid) for you. Plus that's great that this approach has worked for other members of your family.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote