View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I watch my sugar, and try to keep my insulin resistance under control.

My initial bout with PN was over 30 yrs ago, and turned out to be from hypothyroidism. That was fixed finally, and my feet woke up and my hands were better (avoided carpal tunnel surgery), but then the insulin resistance came along.

I also have some food triggers... nightshade veggies. Potatoes are the worst but some tomato products will also do it. Burning... burning feet and lower legs. I use Biofreeze for that when it hits, but so far it is less if I behave myself with food choices.

My PN therefore is multifactorial, but for the most part under control. I use R-lipoic acid, benfotiamine, acetyl carnitine (not every day) Vit c 500mg, OptiZinc because of my lisinopril depletes it. I use Suntheanine at night, melatonin, either Zyrtec or Benadryl (I rotate these), MegaRed Krill oil, kelp extract, 5mg of methyl B12 twice a week, and 100mg of Ubinquinol (new) daily. Sometimes I take a multivit if I am not eating well.
Occasionally I take a l-tryptophan for sleep but not every night.
I also use magnesium lotion each night. I think I got it all...

We've done supplements in this house for over a decade. It has been amazing. Got my son off Ritalin, reversed my GERD and asthma, improved hubby's ADD. Lot of other benefits.
mRS.D, are you not taking calcium supplement? If not, do you get your calcium fromthe food?
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote