View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Can anyone give me help and advice on my PCSD thank you

Read u on a forum how's your concuasion syndrome now ? Tell u my story*

January 17 2012 I slipped on some ice in Canada and hit my body hard landed on my back my neck and head violently shock but I got up fast and walked away but felt dizzy for couple hours then that night I felt full blown concussion symptoms. Went to the doctors a week later after symtomps got worst and ct MRI Caime clear doc said take months off. So I layed in a dark room for a week then week in bed felt little better started school February 27th in security officer training for a hospital and then when I ran a pare test obstical course ( full heart rate run and jumps for 4 min) the symptoms Caime back but I still stayed in school. I had dizzy felt cloudy thoughts hard to concentrate, tiredness hard to sleep and sore neck and my right side of the brain paulsated with pain . Well it was a roller coster of symptoms till April 20th I did a PPCT police pressure point tactics of 3 days days of take downs and pressure points to the neck as head etc I passed the course and the test got the job pays 45,000$ a year starting but week after the training I got full concussion symtomps again. This Tim short term memory loss for a 1-2 hours and mahout headache and now anxiety and confussion and pain in my right side of my brain doctor said take 2-3 months off rest no caffeine drugs or Alcohal no heavy excersise or weights and stress. Last Saturday may 6 I was rushed to hospital major headache painful and mem loss for 1 hour and major anxiety . The gave me morphine for the pain and Ibprohine and lazrazopam for anxiety. It's been 5 months now and I get dizzy driving and watching tv and video games ( which I don't do anymore drive or tv) and sun and noise bug me and hanging with my kids too . This is my 6 th concuasion in my life I had 3 from boxing ( I have 18 amateur fights as a teen) and 1 when I was 25 from a Mixed Martial Arts fights. I don't do that anymore I'm 29 years old I quit that when i was 26. But how long will this post concussion symtomps last? I have a great job ready for me and what do u suggested helps the recovery ? I made a appointment for a nurologist next month on June 2012. Thank you*

Sent from my iPhone
Cjm028 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote