View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Cjm,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your fall and struggles.

I have good news and bad news for you.

First the good news. You have found a great place for find good support and information about concussions. You also have a good opportunity to be supported in the changes you have already made and some you will need to make so you can maximize your recovery.

The bad news is due to your history of concussions and fighting. You may think you have a history of only 6 concussions but you likely have had many more. Add to that the fact that you have suffered an untold number of subconcussive impacts. This leaves your brain in a severely compromised state. This means you will need to be extra cautious about any further impacts, jars, or other even minor insults to your brain.

If you job requires continual or routine combat training, it could be a big risk for your future.

Something to help you recover is nutritional therapy. Your brain needs to detoxify before it can start healing. B-12 (500 to 1000 mcgs daily) a B-50 complex, Omega's, magnesium, calcium, are a good start.

Forget any timelines the doctors have suggested. With your concussion history, you will need to adopt some lifestyle changes that will be valuable for the rest of your life. As time goes on, you will find your triggers and threshold for activities. You will learn how to pace your life so that you can live it full.

As you continue to struggle, tell us you worst struggles and someone will have suggestions to help you manage those symptoms/struggles.

As you move forward, you will learn some new things about yourself that will be improvements upon your past self. Many of us have had to reinvent ourselves. That new self will open up new doors in your life.

My best to you

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-19-2013)