View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
Did the docs give you any swallowing therapy? When I had swallowing test, I performed well (of course-I never seem to have sxs when I'm at a doc's or having a test).
But they did tell me to bend my head down when swallowing...also to use warm water when taking pills, since cold water increases choking in some.

Hope you find something to help you

Thanks again!!

Since have to go for yet another MRI this month; I've decided against the swallow test...can't afford it until or when our Refi is completed. Med bills are sky high now; even with insurance.

I have been researching & getting valuable tips from all of you...started taking pills with applesauce. Got some cute little individual pouches of the stuff...G*d bless kiddie-cutesy lunch snack paks...that make it super easy. Drinks are easier to drink during the day...and murder to choke at night. Mild allergies make it worse. Been experimenting with lots of stuff found on the internet; like the warm water trick (makes me nauceous) and the head tipping (I lose my balance on the way up). Doesn't happen often enough yet; but I am an intrepid soul...must have answers before...LOL

Oiy...
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (05-09-2012), SallyC (05-09-2012)