View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
olsen
stories like yours break my heart. What are we going to do everybody - sit and let us be finished off???
Sigh
Peg
I admire your call to action
We got too soon old, too late smart
The first years with Parkinson's we just sort of cruise along.
Then when it gets serious, and we begin to call on the system to help us, we discover that there is actually no system at all. Just some investment company selling a drug from 60 years ago, and a few doctors who figure we probably have Alzheimers or dementia or something and it better not be a pre-existing illness, or else the insurance checks will be gone, and anyway, what's the big deal if your hands shake a bit. As my neighbour said, well at least you have your good health. At least it's not painful (roar with laughter) and at least it can't kill you (roll on the floor laughing)
Then you realize we need a revolution in the Parkinson's Empire, a declaration of war against the disease, but by then you are too old and burned out to fight the battle !
As the barbers used to say "NEXT !"
Our turn is mostly over, we have to hand off the work, along with the national debt, to the Young Onset folks. The gift that keeps on giving.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote