View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for that article. I had begun to question whether the oxycodone was part of the problem, I had increased my use in response to my usual worsening of leg pains during my period, which then turned into this problem. I did not think that my current usage of 7.5 mg twice per day which has only been in the past two weeks could be enough. The article seems to be primarily implicating larger dosages, but does hint at possibilities of smaller doses creating a problem.
I am going to experiment with taking Benadryl and not taking the oxycodone for 4-5 days. I have very little that must be done this weekend. Normally I rely on the oxycodone when I have to get things done, ride in the car, go to church, laundry, shopping, etc. but my usage is not such that I experience withdrawl symptoms, I have not been a heavy or consistent user, so I only anticipate an energy drop and increase in muscle pain due to the CMT which it does help with. Steps are the very devil without it!
It has not helped much, if at all with the sunburned feeling.
I did notice that the article recommended butrans as a substitute for opiates. My doctor had wanted me to try this before, and I preferred to stay as I was with the as needed oxycodone rather than a 24/7 patch. I may need to re-think this.
If it is the oxycodone causing the burning, should I know within 4 days?
Thank you again.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote