Thread: PCS Treatment
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PCS Treatment

Hello,

I stumbled upon this forum looking for information on PCS and I have been very impressed by the caring as well as the knowledge of some of the posters here. I was hoping somebody could give me some advice.

I played basketball in college, where in addition to a few diagnosed concussions, I had many minor blows to the head. I'm sure people are tired of hearing the depressing specifics, so I will paraphrase. I had head injuries that did not completely heal before I started playing again. When I started playing, I received more head injuries.

It has been over a year since then and my headaches have not gotten any better. In fact, several of the foolish decisions I have made (Jet ski-ing, riding roller coasters, boating, drinking alcohol) since then seem to have made them worse. I have learned that I have to change my lifestyle to avoid these things, but I was wondering if anyone here can give me any advice on how to get my condition to improve. Doctors and Neurologists have not been helpful at all. I am taking a low dose anti-depressant, which has had a very slight benefit, but is there something that I can take? The doctors have told me that the only thing that will make my problems worse is physically jarring the brain, but I have issues with light, sound, alcohol, exercise (Exercise leads to bad headaches) and sleep (When I don't sleep well my headaches are always worse). Will avoiding these things actually help my condition or will it just control the symptoms?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom
THerzog41 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote