Thread: Hey guys
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 02:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tiger Lilly,
I understand exactly how you feel. Yrs. ago I was engaged to be married and my former fiancee knew that I had epilepsy but he backed out and decided not to marry me a few months before the wedding. It hurt a lot but then I meant my now husband of 20 yrs. and he has always been very understanding about my epilepsy. He was never afraid of when I would have a sz. and he has given me a lot of moral support. He drives me to work, picks me up, takes me to the stores etc. I will admit he complains about it once in awhile but I just tell him I'm not going to let my epilepsy stop me from working and being like your everyday person.
It was my parents and brother who really rejected me and have turned from me since I've had seizures. My parents sent me away to a boarding school out of state for 3 yrs. because they didn't want the responsibility of taking care of me when my seizures were really bad. Since then I've learned to take care of myself and be independent. I look at singer Elton John he's had epilepsy for yrs. and he never let that stop him.
Look at it this way if a person can't or won't accept you because of your epilepsy then they aren't much of a true friend at all. I look at my Aunt who has MS and is in a wheelchair but she still gets out and she doesn't let her medical condition stop her in anyway so don't give up stay strong and you will go far in life. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote