View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dawson View Post
I admire your call to action
We got too soon old, too late smart
The first years with Parkinson's we just sort of cruise along.
Then when it gets serious, and we begin to call on the system to help us, we discover that there is actually no system at all.
Olsen,

I am so sorry and angry over your experience; mostly because there is is absolutely senseless and on a moral level unconscionable. We keep saying here we want to make changes and I am more than willing to take on the lion starting said patient group yet in the end no one ever seems to see it through.

I tried to start an "Artivist" group to be the squeaky wheel; we wanted to have a group using art and humor to raise awareness and we could never get anyone beyond the initial sign me up phase. I think that it is easier to recruit once already established. That is the catch 22. I can't do all the start up on my own yet just an idea and a mission statement are not enough to attract members.

Instead, I have decided to start a patient blog of some sort that highlights a lot what we share here. I have a focus and lots of content but am struggling with a name.

Bob,

I am really concerned that if we don't start to "convert" newbies soon, the PD
situation or status quo will never change. Problem is that they are usually the ones most in denial as it is most easy to live that way when still in the med honeymoon phase. In order to be an activist, one must acknowledge and accept the disease; many newbs don't want to go there. We need them though. How do we get through?

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pegleg (05-09-2012)