View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm 35 and about to go into a medical to insurance to employer 'appeal' for modified work duties due to cognitive, in part (the pain and constant headaches/migraines and overall stress level in role being other aspects).

I always thought I was so lucky, my cognitive wasn't suffering... until my manager pointed out I had re-used the same word 5 times in one 2 line paragraph. I used to work as an editor/proofreader for newspapers and have been a writer since I could pick up a pen! I was crushed and so disappointed/dismayed.

I structure things: Walking in the AM, I get back, first thing I do is hang up coat, put keys in purse, turn on coffee maker (which is set up before bed), go to bathroom, turn on hot water, back to bedroom, de-robe, back to bathroom, opening office door on way to allow in air before work, etc etc.

I even make sure I follow a series of precise steps for each 'aspect' of my day, and when things don't fall into place, I panic like mad!

You explained it very well B2Y, what I'm feeling at work now.. I'm expected to respond to emails from clients. Perfect job for M.S.'er. I have time to compose my thoughts and ideas before replying. Low stress. Then they added more and more to that role, wanting me to also take inbound phone calls and place outbound.

The last outbound call at work I got off the phone in a cold sweat. I could not follow my client's questions "On the fly"... thinking on my feet just escaped me and I blanked. It was horrible. Now I work to get all parties involved to understand that I can't be on the phone with clients, let me do my job and only one job, as it was before when was healthier (and happier, not feeling like such a letdown).
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (05-09-2012), Kitty (05-09-2012), SallyC (05-09-2012)