View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Strange things the meds do to our bodies -

Strange things the meds do to our bodies - the side effects the Dr's don't tell you about.

Hi guys,

I've started this thread because I'm curious about the strange things our meds do to our bodies and I'd like to know and if you're willing to share what your experiences are.

I'm taking some pretty serious meds like Oxynorm and OxyContin along with the Fentynal patch and a host of other bits and pieces, they still don't work but take the edge off my pain.*

My appetite isn't great, I don't feel like food anymore and I eat because the meds would probably cause ulcers and God knows what else.

I get terrible nightmares and my hubby wakes me up screaming, they are usually where I'm fighting or looking for something. Personally I think it's my bodies way of ridding itself of toxins and my search for a surgeon to help me and of course dealing with pain when you just have enough.

I suffer from awful over heating and the sweating is very annoying. Like a hot flush only it couldn't be.

FAO Ladies; my monthlys have stopped and I'm definitely not pregnant! Has anyone had this one?*

I've also gained about 4stone in weight which I truly hate because I'm uncomfortable in my own skin and the person staring back at me in the mirror is not me! I've hardly anything to fit me. Mind you I'm not getting out much because I can't walk far so I tend to live in sweat pants. Makes me feel very attractive indeed in this strange body of mine. I used to be very outgoing, gym, swimming and walking was my thing, stress therapy I called it!

I appreciate any feedback from anyone who feels like an alien in their own bodies and those that have gone through it and come out the other side and are now back to normal. Please PM me if you'd rather not post, I need a bit of support and my family and even my hubby who is great doesn't fully understand and he tries. I'm going through a very hard time right now and I'm so afraid that the next surgeon I meet will also turn me down, some have already done so by return letter and for no good reason.

Love to all and I know we all suffer or have suffered the most dreadful pain and I hope the SCS's out there are working, I hope to get mine back after I get any surgery sorted.

Sinéad xxxx *
Sophie_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-10-2012), ger715 (05-10-2012), Mark56 (05-09-2012), Rrae (05-10-2012)