View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 05:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackD View Post
You may NOT want to know this but they did a BIG Million Dollar study and found that the happiest, most content, impaired thinking MS folks were those who had progressed to the point that they could no longer remember what they can't do anymore.

So get a little worse and things will seem much better.

jackD AKA Braindead
JackD, do you have a link for that study? I'd like to check it out. The dreaded MS euphoria makes me sad and a bit frightened for my future when I see the odd blank smiles on some people with CNS diseases like MS, Alzheimer's etc. Interestingly enough there is information to indicate that although they appear content that isn't a true measure of their mood.

"Hinsie and Campbell6 define euphoria as a morbid or abnormal sense of well-being. Freedman and associates use the term to denote an altered state of consciousness characterized by an exaggerated feeling of well-being inappropriate to apparent events."
http://www.cnsonline.org/www/archive/ms/ms-01.html
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
Anonymous
Jules A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (05-11-2012), Mariel (05-10-2012), SallyC (05-10-2012)