View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 07:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Focused hot topics?

Hi all,
I had an Appointment and misread the announcement of this call, thinking it started at 1:00. From time to time I am reminded by such "absent"-mindedness that this is why I cannot hold down a job.

One of the other orgs conducts a similar series of hot topics, only in the form of a webinar. However, it isn't actually a webinar, but is accessible via the telephone and the computer. Those who access the call via their computers have the advantage of seeing a set of slides prepared ahead of time. This is adding a multi-sensory approach, which not only improves remembering what is presented, but keeps the focus group "focused.".

Using this mode of a semi-webinar presentation, the listeners/attendees are still allowed to ask live questions, only they are typed online and submitted. Then the submitted Q&A are screened on the other end by a staffer of the org. This method is always followed up with the statement that " . . . questions not read during the session will be answered via email.". This is probably an improved method for handling Q@A, which prevents 1or 2 people from monopolizing the question period, but there is the added time to answer all questions submitted, which doesn't always happen.

I am, however, glad to see these efforts being made to include the person with Parkinson's at such important grassroot levels leading to actual patient-centric involvement.
Peggy
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
olsen (05-10-2012), paula_w (05-10-2012)