View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The main side effect I get from the pain medications is that they knock me out. I get so drowsy that after I take it I have to stop in the middle of what I'm doing and sleep for awhile because I just cannot keep my eyes open. Not exactly an option when you are in classes or trying to get school work done, which is why I usually only take them at night. Unfortunately, while it is hard to concentrate through bad pain, at least I am awake so it is the better option. Another big one I get is lightheadedness. And I also didn't have any appetite for a long while, Sinead, and now I'm wondering if that was from the medication I was on.

There are other medications I could only be on briefly, like Lyrica which caused one my legs to swell up and have a strong sensation of pressure, or Cymbalta, which gave me terrible headaches.

It is sad that these medications that are supposed to help us can do so many negative things to our bodies
yellow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-10-2012), ger715 (05-10-2012), Mark56 (05-10-2012), Rrae (05-10-2012), Sophie_ (05-10-2012)