View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you Mrs.D. You are very helpful! Now, it will make searching easier for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
There is a subscribed thread function.

If you go to user CP in the upper left of a page this shows,
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/su...ewsubscription

you can subscribe to them, and NT will notify you if someone posts to a thread there.
To activate subscribed threads, use the "edit options" feature in User CP which is in "messaging"

I use the SEARCH function alot. Almost every day. Keyword has to have at least 4 characters, and works best on a keyword you know is unusual in a thread.
Example... "lipoic" will bring up all the threads with that word, including the R form.

There are so many threads now, since this forum is about 6 yrs old, using the search function, is becoming my main activity!
I read most of all of the forums and use it to direct people to threads now. The PD forum has tons of biochemical research posted which some may pertain to us.
The keyword "algae" will bring up the toxic algae threads there, for example.

You can also read your own profile for your own most recent posts. Our system only holds 500 in that function. So it is pretty useless for me. But sometimes I do use it, if I have to find something very quickly...something I've moderated, for example. Any poster with less than 500 total posts, will show every post on their profile.

You can also find things on Google. NT often shows up in the first 2 pages.

You can save things to a word document for yourself. Or use notepad.
When I compose long informational threads, I put the links to everything I am going to use in Notepad.
You could put the thread links in Notepad and put a little description below each one. You could make several folders...one for gabapentin, one for lipoic acid, one for medications, etc. Notepad holds quite a bit, now compared to older versions. Or you could use Word. Word copies links better that appear in posts when you copy the whole post.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-23-2012), mrsD (05-10-2012)