View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Stranger in Mirror...

Yes, I see someone in the mirror I hardly recognize. Had a few lbs. more than I would like; but at least firm. Now after the last few years, the tummy droops, as well as the rest of the body. YIKES !!

I do have to say, for the most part, my meds do not make me too dopey (my husband might say otherwise). I do take 60mg's every 6 hrs. of Oxycontin = 240 Mg's per day and Oxycondone (percodet) 7.5/325 up to 4 times a day for breakthru pain. The constipation due to these meds is awful and because of so much straining (do take daily laxatives as well) have had the bladder drop and needed Cystocele surgery. Then because bladder being moved; lower bowel came down requiring Rectocele surgery.

I do take some vallium for muscle pain/anxiety which can make me a bit sleepy at times. Also take Ambien CR every night to sleep without pain. It is unbelievable how that removes the pain so one could just drift off to la la land without pain. (just have to be careful not to stay in la la land).

Of course, there are the meds for other problems than pain, like daily meds for edema, blood pressure, cholesterol, and the need for daily Priolsec (heartburn, etc. due to meds).

The short term memory.... now I am starting to wonder how much has to do with getting older, or is it my meds. Like Rrae mentioned, it's some of the small things, or maybe not so small, but would just mention someone's name and a minute later, couldn't recall the name again. Just things like that which after too often in a day, get a bit upsetting.

But....without the meds; especially the ones to treat pain and sleep, I don't know what I would do to get thru the day. Do they take all the pain away...no; but at least enough that I can still do much more than I could do if I did not have them.

We all need each other here on NT for support. Never know what ideas some might have to contemplate. So nice to have neighbors from "across the pond"here as well.

We are blessed to have one another.
With hope and prayers, we'll get thru..one day at a time.

(Gerry)
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (05-10-2012), eva5667faliure (05-10-2012), Mark56 (05-10-2012), Rrae (05-10-2012), Sophie_ (05-10-2012)