Old 05-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Well Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Mark, I am sorry to hear your experience to be there for Samson's birth turned out to be stressful. Maybe too many ideas were just not appreciated with a mother-to-be in distress. Hope the inheritance is really not an issue. That would be quite sad.

But....I guess Samson will make his showing by Sunday. Years from now, he will hear how everyone was anxiously awaiting his appearance. Happy days will soon be here.

Prayers for all of you.

(Gerry)
It is all so sad from the perspective of the controlling attitude. This is not a product of pregnancy but was part of the fully equipped DIL our son married and whom we had never met until after the Justice of the Peace had pronounced them H and W.

I arrived last Friday late in the limo. First bad thing. I received a lecture on the benefits of frugality from a son who fails to recognize God had blessed us with enough to make it for seven years of drought with no income. Interesting, that, because in the years of plenty we had built an orphanage for children in Bangladesh to house and educate SOME of the children who are led like Hansel and Gretel into the city and abandoned by parents who cannot afford their upkeep. He riled at that expenditure as well, back then, because he thought it a waste. We saw it as God's good work.

So Saturday morn, I awaited a cab as family returned from shopping [I had overslept]. Son started in on me about renting a car, and DIL was standing behind him ranting, "I've just had enough, I've just had enough!" Enough what, oh, and by the way I was asked that evening whether we had managed to save "their" 12 place setting of sterling we had assembled out of family inheritance. Ahhhhh, I smell greed.

Instead, my wife and I pray our youngsters here in NC will find Jesus by opening their hearts to Him. He is scorned in this household, so Cleo and I hold hands and pray in silence at tableside before partaking. God will out here in this house of scorn. Interesting as well, when their first was stillborn last year this time we were told to leave our religion home, but God came with us anyway, and then as little mama was about to give up her babe, she cried out "isn't there a chaplain who can baptize our baby?" Toward what end? She had been the initiator of no faith welcome. So, being an elder, I took our son to the hallway, said I had annointing oil with me and would bless Lily if they desired. That was all it took,and I held Lily to bless her In nomine Patri, et Fili, et Spiritu sancti. Then I prayed and sang a lullaby I composed over her still and very small body.

Now very clear of mind without meds, I pray fervently for our children, as they are about to bring a little young man into this world.
May God and the Mother watch over him in all things,
Prayin for these and for all of you,
Mark and Cleo
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (05-10-2012), ger715 (05-10-2012), Rrae (05-10-2012), Sophie_ (05-10-2012)