View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm sitting here counting my blessings that I live where I do! We made three stops this morning, including a drugstore and a grocery store. We have two "big" grocery store in our community, and we avoid the biggest one most of the time (I'm sure I've mentioned this) because it's busier, noisier, more visual stimulation, etc. And just more miles to walk.

But the other one--I come home exhausted, my legs and feet hurt, and I've used up all of my thinking power for the day. However, we go in the morning, during the week, and it's never so crowded that you feel you're bumping into people (or vice versa).

Every single employee seems happy to be working there--or else they all deserve academy awards! Somebody is always asking if we need help, they smile and greet you when you meet them in an aisle, they'll stop and say "Let me reach that for you".

One day we just went in for a couple of things and found a display of something we wanted in quantity. An employee at the end of the aisle heard one of us say, "I guess we need a cart", and she said, "You wait right there, I'll go get one for you!" and off she hustled.

The manager must be extraordinary to create such a good atmosphere--you just can't fake that because your job requirement says "act friendly". Is it perfect? Of course not. But compared to the nightmares some of you experience? Makes me want to go back to our store, line them all up, and hug them!!

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-11-2012), Judy2 (05-10-2012), Kitty (05-10-2012), SallyC (05-10-2012)