View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 01:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default looking for answers...new here! ;)

Hi everyone-

My name is Lydia and I live in Florida. I am looking for a way to understand what has happened to me after what happened in 2008.

In November of 2008, 1 month before my 18th birthday, from what I was told, I somehow lost consciousness while shopping in Kohls. I fell down, hitting my head above my left eye on a metal clothes rack, cutting open my forehead down to the bone. According to a witness, I started seizing and foaming at the mouth. Once medical personnel arrived, they struggled to find an airway and bagged me on the way to the hospital. Once there, I was put into a medically-induced coma, placed on a ventilator, and moved to the ICU for 18 hours until my condition stabilized. Was diagnosed with severe concussion, but scans and EEG's came to no clear cause of diagnosis. I was released from the hospital and placed on a moderate dose of Keppra for 6 months, during which I was depressed and slept 18 hours a day.

To the current:
I am a sophomore in college, maintaining a 3.75 GPA. While I do not suffer from headaches, difficulty concentrating or maintaining focus, I can not shake the depression and anxiety. Have been in therapy with a licensed psychologist for past 7 months with some, but not major progress. I keep going back to whether indeed these issues I face are related to my injury, and wonder whether I should seek a neuropsych consult? Any thoughts?
northgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote