View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 02:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
Thanks everyone this is all helpful. Stos2, I do the chin tucks although my pt is not a fan of them. Is burning sensation a result of nerve pain? I will definately talk to the dr's about these drugs. Interestingly my son(14) was prescribed low dose of Nortriptilin for migraines. I think we still have it but he never tried it. His headaches have gotten better on their own.

Marc,What does Nortriptilyn/Gapentin do? Is it also a nerve med? Sorry I havent read the articles yet.

I see Dr. Ahn today for my first surgical consult. Will let you know how it goes!
Gabapentin is like a nerve med as it used for patients with fibromylgia kind of pain. It helps us as TOS patients mainly if you have nerve pain ( it helps with irritated nerves). It kind of takes the edge off as someone mentioned and helps us go around our chores and tasks, but it does not do it all.

JKL626,
The other thing I forgot mention was if you avoid looking down, it really helps with the neck pain. If you read, read with your kindle/mag/newspaper on a stand like the musicians do. ( cheap alternative for a kindle or book is a brochure holder ) A lap top is much better than a Ipad, so you limit your looking down too much. Helps me a lot.
stos2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jkl626 (05-10-2012)