View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

These cards are a good idea. I make my own. They can be easily laminated with packing tape. I even make a pull tab so I can easily pull it from my wallet. Some people I know put the card so it hinges off their driver's license.

I find it is best to have multiple copies so you can hand the card to the person who needs to read it. I do this at TSA at the airport. With no need to take it back, there is a better chance they will read it all and refer back to it.

Mine says:

Please be patient with me. I suffer from a
brain injury that causes me to over-react
when confronted with shouting or someone
barking orders. I respond by getting loud.
Any assistance to help limit excessive
auditory stimulation is helpful.

I can easily print this in 12 pt type on a piece of paper that is smaller than a credit card.

I also have my ICE information on my cell phone. Emergency personnel know to check cell phones for ICE ( In Case of Emergency) information. Start the name as ICE plus 'wife Susan' or 'mother Diana, mil Debbie, ' ect. Emergency personnel know to check this right away.

This issue is an important one. One TBI survivor I know uses an iPhone/iPad app that will speak for him when he is under stress and struggling with word finding. It states the issue based on an icon he selects.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dumpling15 (05-05-2013), MommaBear (05-12-2012), Mrs-B (08-27-2012)