View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hello,

I have had TOS surgery on my right side in 2000. I could be off one year it was 2000 or 1999. My brain forgets days, times and years. LOL Anyway, I am doing great. I have vertually no trouble at all with my TOS. Before surgery, my fingers would spasm up and we would have to work on them to straighten them out but that quit also after the surgery. I think a person can recover completely but you have to be extra careful not to do anything to bring it on again by heavy lifting.

As far as healing time, it took me quite a while but I had other problems along with my surgery.

You might want to talk also to the Dr. about ending up with RSD after TOS surgery and asking if they will do a block before surgery to prevent that. The RSD rate is high with TOS surgery.

As far as headaches I don't think I delt with that. Mostly breathing and swallowing problems.

I have a friend who has TOS here in Co and her sister lives in Texas and has it and I know her sister had surgery in Texas and is doing good so there is definately a TOS Dr in Texas. Maybe you can look on the internet and find out who in Tex. does TOS surgery. If you need any help I will call Terry and find out who did her sisters surgery down in Texas. You can PM me and I will find that out for you. I don't believe a person has to travel all over the country these days to find a good Dr. There are more and more of them showing up.

I had surgery by Dr. Sanders and I am doing great so I do know a person can get as close to well as possible.

Have you tried PT? I was in PT for 3+ years for TOS, RSD, and Fibro. What I found about the TOS, the PT didn't do it for me even though I had very good PTers.

Good luck to you on getting better and you can.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote