View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Jess,

The salty taste may indicate a sinus perforation. Saliva is not usually salty, but sinus drainage can be. Hopefully if there is a perforation it is healing and your symptoms will continue to subside.

It is probably best not to push on the extraction site because that could break or disturb the seal of healing tissue that is lining the sinus membrane if there is a sinus perf.

Keep us posted on how things are going..
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiangel View Post
Thank you for responding so quickly Bryanna. I think I must have written too quickly and not explained myself. The doctor originally had me on Erythromycin due to allergies to Penicillin and Clindamycin. I haven't had any reaction to that. He extended the prescription becuase I was having some issues and he worried about infection starting. The gauze the on-call doctor put in the hole fell out as soon as I got home. I guess maybe there wasn't enough room for it. I went back 2 days later to see my regular dentist and he said he thought I was having problems because the antibiotic wasn't a "first line of defense" antibiotic line the other two, so it wouldn't work as well. He then told me he thought the worst was over, and I'd be fine. No one ever mentioned my sinuses. The only thing he said was that he had to cut a flap in the gum to find the root tips and that there wasn't enough gum left to stitch, which was his preference.

The bubble seems to have blended in a bit with the socket now, but is still pretty red (actually dark pink). I still have some burning, but it is more towards where the injection was if that makes sense. I have also had a weird taste in my mouth, like salt. But the burning in my sinuses is gone now at least. And it no longer hurts in my throat when I touch the area. That was awful. Now it only hurts when I push on it with my tongue. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is finally beginning to heal.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote