View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 09:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

If you don't have dry mouth, then you may not have lymphocytic infiltrates in the salivary glands...thus not Sjogren's, but one of the other AI diseases. Joint pain, fatigue, etc are common with several of the AI diseases. I don't remember what 'lung issues' you have (it's not detailed in this thread), but lung issues are also common in sarcoidosis. Of course lung issues like asthma, could just be independent and not related to your problem.

Could your dry eyes be a result of meds you take? Even simple allergy meds (benadryl) can cause dry eyes.

I will say that, (although uncommon), there are patients who don't have overly dry mouth (but it's usually at least minimally dry) and still test positive for Sjogren's (whether blood or lip biopsy). So it could still be possible to have a + lip biopsy. But since you sound like it's not dry at all, I would exhaust other AI diseases or other causes in general first before undergoing a lip biopsy.

Just curious... 1) what lung issues are you talking about? 2) do you have dry mouth at all or lots of cavities?

Wish I could be of more help, but your case doesn't sound typical or jump out at any particular disease. The dry eyes certainly go with Sjogren's, but odd without the dry mouth.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote