View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 01:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lack of Research , Big Problem

I wanted to post this link I came across , as I think it makes some very valid points about the problems involved with research & fundraising for anything that does not fall under the mantle of death such as cancer - or like mental illness or Parkinsons affects our thinking .

This is nothing new, but these articles do show how that perception results in unfair discrimination that ensures rare problems stay rare and treated as less important in spite of the great difficulties we face as result ( ignorance , skepticism )by those in the medical profession and elsewhere.

In effect, what this means is we're never going to get anywhere with , our problems unless we make these " invisible diseases " more visible under one umbrella and under once cause. ( see point 4 )

The cancer juggernaut together with big pharma ( which still hasnt cured cancer after 38 yrs ) and probably has no intention too , is just too powerful for any single entity such as neuropathy to challenge alone.

Although ,I don't think something like public perception can be easily changed in regards to our suffering , compared to death ( esp in the west ) I do think we could do a lot more , if we were more united about this discrimination ( and it is discrimination ), rather than simply waiting under the table for any scraps, like the proverbial dog.

Be interested to hear what other thinks.

melon
melon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote