View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default ESCR is allowed in the Private Sector

Hang on there,

In the 18 years I have lived with PD I have been listening to promises made by ESCR researchers that if they only had a little more money they would have a cure in five years. That is how successful hard science has proven to be. The Adult stem cell research has several uses to help people with cancer and numerous other illnesses.

It reminds me of the old Aesop fable about the Fox and the Grapes. The fox keeps jumping for the highest clump of grapes on the tree, believing they must be the juciest. The fox ignores the grapes within his reach because if they are too easy to attain, then their value must not be as good. This is not hard science, but hurt pride at being proven wrong and the determination, no matter what the costs, to be proven right.

After patients have had embryonic stem cells placed in their brain, with limited to no improvement, and private research done worldwide for over 18 years with no results to help even one person, why do you want to keep throwing money at a research that has not one proven positive result?

With the research in genetics and Adult stem cells producing proven cures, it makes sense to put the money where research is giving results.

Best Regards,
Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote