View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I have sjogrens as a 2ndary disease related to my MS. I dont have a dry mouth, but I do have very dry eyes, skin and joint pain. I have punctal plugs in my eyes (tiny little plugs that stop water from escaping) and during flares or bad times I use a prednisolone eye drop which helps a lot.

I chose to not have the lip biopsy as the RA MD said it was not really needed since my ANA was negative, but since I had so many clear signs of the disease, she would mark me as + for 2ndary related to MS.

Even in the face of a negative biopsy there are many interventions you can take. Use eye drops (no preservatives!) I get the single vials so they dont spoil or contaminate. Ask your eye MD about plugs for your tear ducts. They dont hurt a bit, and make a world of difference. Drink plenty of fluids. Avoid hot baths as that can dry out your skin. Rest your eyes as much as you can. Avoid straining for things like computer games, reading for long periods or even staring at a movie screen for a long time.

Best of luck!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote