View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
The Swank diet works for me because it's obvious that my symptoms increase if I get off it for more than one day.
I eat pretty close to The Swank diet (no red meat, very low Saturated, no Trans Fat) and have faithfully since the summer/fall of 2008 (if memory serves me correctly, may be a bit off).

I agree Mariel. When I go on vacation, while I'm such an angel about my diet 355 days of the year, the other 10 I'm the devil. I'm like a child in a candy store about eating. I don't read labels! I don't count fat contents! The only rule I'm steadfast about is not consuming red meat.

My MS becomes the fist of justice soon after, everything flares up to some degree to remind me "It's no honeymoon princess, put away the horns and the tail!".

It's simply not worth it, and I know better every time. Last vacation I was a lot 'better' (behaved) and cooked a lot more for hubby and I. He's a type 1 diabetic so we both fared a lot better in the end ultimately.

(my cognitive work battle rages on, speaking of the first of justice. Tough week's done, work appeal for modified work duties/accommodation has been submitted for review via insurance/doctors, now the waiting game and follow up appointment next week)

Oh, I had a situation today where I completely fumbled over wishing a client (very nice lady) a Happy Mother's Day. I almost wished her a Happy Birthday (not EVEN kidding), thankfully I was able to giggle and she was able to giggle and I explained it had been a long day/week - hey, it's Friday. Considering that was the second call of my day (8 hour shift), yeah... I shouldn't be on the phone. What a mess. I'm glad we weren't busy.

{{{{{{{{SallyC}}}}}}}}}}
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jules A (05-12-2012), Mariel (05-12-2012), SallyC (05-11-2012)