View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 09:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Confused, scarred and depressed

So this is the first time I have ever posted on a community board, so I'm a little nervous. Three years ago I started having level 8-10 (pain) migraine like headaches at all times. Went to see Neuro he had no clue, finally a MRI
of neck showed a disk cutting off spinal cord. Had surgery. Guess what?, still had headaches. Fast forward to about 4 months ago.... finally canned neuro, all he wanted to do was perscribe meds and then tell me i was on to many and he never wanted to do any tests. Now I have new neuro who performed a 96 hr EEG with (2) 4 hr video sessions. The results showed that I am having migraine activity and i am having frontal lobe seizures. I was in shock! How can you have a migraine headache everyday of your life for 3 yrs and how can you have seizures and not know it? He put me on 100mg topomax 2 x daily. My headaches finally started getting better, I only have a really bad one maybe once a week. But a couple of weeks ago I started having simple (conscious) partial seizures. It started as a few a day but now it's to many to count. I feel it start in head and stomach and then moves to right arm. sometimes my arm shakes and then somestimes maybe just a finger or wrist will move. Of course neuro order another 96 hr EEG. I get results next week. He restrictricted my driving until then. I feel like my life and freedoms are being stipped away. Well, thanks for letting me vent I fell a little better.
catwall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-17-2012), eva5667faliure (05-12-2012), ger715 (05-12-2012), Jaype (05-12-2012)