View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 09:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The cost of ketamine is one of the main reasons I wasn't able to do them early on (I live in the Chicago area and those places would have been out of network for me). If this is something you really want to do then it might be worth traveling farther if you think you can tolerate it to follow up with it.

As for trying to convince the doctors to resume ketamine treatments...I would think it would be unlikely though maybe not impossible. Maybe you could make a deal with the office that IF you can get approval from your insurance company THEN you could do the treatments? That's assuming that's their real concern of course and not just that the SCS is easier and more profitable for them. But it might be worth a shot especially if you like any of the doctors there.

Getting the approval from insurance can be tough though. There is a post on here somewhere that maybe you could search for where someone posted their process and what they submitted so that the insurance company would approve the request. If you could get the doctors on board, then you could work on the insurance company...all while you are doing tDCS so at least you are not losing any time on that front.

It might be easier if you can just find a place that accepts your insurance though that does the infusions already...then all you need to do is work on getting the insurance company to approve them.

I really hope everything works out for you. It's a shame that we all have to work so hard in many cases to get the treatments we need and that often the timely process of getting everything together means precious time lost for treatment. But if you stay focused on getting what YOU need and want in terms of treatment you will get there. Good luck!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote