View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 03:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh, my, thanks for posting this.

I'm still, as yet, not completely dx'd...at least by my neurologist. My PC has already said MS & is treating me as MS. Not sure how I feel about that; not sure that it matters, as I prefer to move forward & not back.

I've been on this derailed freightrain of a life for the last 2.5 years. First signs of something wrong were memory issues & speech problems; specifically, lucky me, not being able to say what I was thinking; losing vocabulary, speech pattern delays...ya know, that word is right on the tip of your tongue...and then it's completely gone? Going to a drive-thru & asking for ketchup (I thought) & having the girl look at me, like I was speaking a foreign language...so I repeated it...still same look. VERY Scary.

I always was indifferent to my math skills...losing them, like not being able to calculate simple addition & subtraction in my head is also very disconcerting. My family is used to me being able to handle all the finances, all the stress-inducing situations & most all of everyones "help me" times...both I & they are at a loss for my less than stellar brain fog issues. I'm used to being the one to find the answers...not be the one who needs the answers.

The physical problems are less of an issue for me. Don't get me wrong, they are major problems but somehow, less worrisome, if you get my drift.

My reason for posting this is this: my company (not necessarily my direct boss) has said that they can't really do anything for a medical condition, as long as I am continuing to try to get help or be tested; but, I wonder, if money issues prevent me from getting that dx (from the neurologist), can I be fired for issues beyond my control? It's like walking a tightrope sometimes.
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (05-12-2012), SallyC (05-12-2012)