View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Bob Promise Me....

ABSOLUTELY PROMISE ME that you will get an x-ray of that knee by an orthopod Monday! My case just before Turkey day is why I hope you will.

Fell, went to 'urgent care' [an oxymoronic misnomer in my book] after 4 hours, it was first determined I'd broken my foot...HUH? I'm here for my KNEE, the foot was LAST YEAR! Huh? OOH! You're right. DUH. Fractured knee-cap. OK. Can deal with that....so I thought.

Well, after visit to the orthopedist the next day, all indicated I should be able to put weight on that leg in 10-20 days...No can do? At least, not very happily. Another x-ray, and well what ya know? Fractured the knee bone too! It only showed up once it started to heal.

Don't forget ever, that neurontin, lyrica and keppra and all those other things come with the price of CALCIUM DEPLETION...ask any dentist about epileptics and their teeth...that's where it showed up first for me.

In the meantime, take whatever painkillers you need, don't brave it, be super duper careful and ASK for F/U pt... Docs never think of it?

Till later - Who of all of us is 'gimpy, gumby or Chester'? I think we all need 'Bones' from Star Trek to 'make us better'! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote