View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

You could climb onto a lilypad and snatch a fly or two. From your post, it is obvious you are not a vegetarian so I figured a fly or two would be OK. LOL

I add raisins and dried cranberries to my oatmeal then top it off with toasted almonds and cinnamon.

I had to google to find out what spent toast was. I rarely eat refined flour breads either. We have a delicious 7 whole grain bread baked locally.

My wife makes a olive oil stir fry of onions, colard greens, bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, and garlic with a fried egg plopped on top. She has mashed sweet potatoes garnished with toasted almonds, a wedge of avocado (Omega's) and a small bowl of yogurt or oatmeal with blueberries. It is too much olfactory sensation for me. She prepares a number of small containers of the veggies ahead of time so all she needs to do is dump them in a fry pan. She bakes the sweet potatoes ahead of time, too. Her nutritious breakfast is quick and easy.

It's a high nutrition breakfast that an ovo-vegetarian can enjoy.

She gets her brain nutrition from real foods. I take mine in pill form after my oatmeal or bowl of whole oat Cherrios and fruit.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 05-13-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinwolf (05-12-2012), greenfrog (05-13-2012)